VAH. Simply be safe.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Always be informed what is happening at the front line of hygiene and disinfection.
Subscribe to the knowledge advantage right away - it's easy.
Take advantage of the convenient access to the VAH List of Disinfectants which can now be used online without prior registration.
Quick search, advanced search and also detailed search in the individual application areas – find what you are looking for even faster.
More new features:
- Improved auto-completion when searching by product name.
- Retrieve certified products of a company across all application areas.
- Sort your search results in the results table.
The compilation of a disinfectant list by a manufacturer-independent expert commission is unique in Europe and represents the highest possible safety level for prophylactic disinfection. It is precisely for this reason that the RKI specifically refers to the VAH list even in times of epidemics.
Steinig E et al. Evolution and Global Transmission of a Multidrug-Resistant, Community-Associated Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Lineage from the Indian Subcontinent. mBio Nov 2019;10(6):e01105-19; doi: 10.1128/mBio.01105-19.
Brown E, Dhanireddy K, Teska P et al. Influence of drying time on prewetted disinfectant towelettes to disinfect glass surfaces. AJIC 2019;in press.
Song X, Vossebein L, Zille A. Efficacy of disinfectant-impregnated wipes used for surface disinfection in hospitals: a review. Antimicrob Resist Infect Control 2019;8,139. doi:10.1186/s13756-019-0595-2.
Read the latest research on this topic in Journal of Hospital Infection:
Gebel J, Gemein S, Kampf G, Pidot SJ, Buetti N, Exner M.
Isopropanol at 60% and at 70% are effective against “isopropanol-tolerant” E. faecium.
Best practices for disinfection of noncritical environmental surfaces and equipment in health care facilities: A bundle approach.
Rutala WA1, Weber DJ2.
Am J Infect Control. 2019 Jun;47S:A96-A105. doi: 10.1016/j.ajic.2019.01.014.
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Solid Organ Transplantation - Guidelines from the American Society of Transplantation Infectious Diseases Community of Practice.
Pereira MR1, Rana MM2; AST ID Community of Practice.
Clin Transplant. 2019 May 23:e13611. doi: 10.1111/ctr.13611. [Epub ahead of print]
VAH interlaboratory trials: VAH has organised an interlaboratory test with E. hirae according to EN 13727 which will take place between 17th June and 16th August of 2019. Please contact Dr. Stefanie Gemein at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on interlaboratory trials.
The European Standard EN 16777:2018 was published in December 2018: Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics - Quantitative non-porous surface test without mechanical action for the evaluation of virucidal activity of chemical disinfectants used in the medical area - Test method and requirements (phase 2, step 2).
• The European Standard EN 17126:2018, quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of sporicidal activity of chemical disinfectants in the medical area – test method and requirements (phase 2, step 1) was published in December of 2018 and is now available for purchase. Also see VAH methods 18 and 19 concerning testing sporicidal activity.
• The European Standard EN 17111:2018 – quantitative carrier test for the evaluation of virucidal activity for instruments used in the medical area (phase 2, step 2) – test methods and requirements has been published.